Sponsors, Advertisers, & Exhibitors
Our conference provides an opportunity for you to promote and market your institution. For presses, it is also an ideal climate in which to meet with potential authors and solicit new manuscripts. There are three ways in which you might participate – sponsoring, advertising, and exhibiting:
Your sponsorship demonstrates to the conference attendees and SHEAR membership your institution’s commitment to advancement of scholarship in the early American republic. Sponsorship opportunities are
- Thursday Plenary reception: sponsor $3,000; co-sponsor $1,500
- Saturday awards reception: sponsor $3,000; co-sponsor $1,500
- Women’s breakfast: sponsor $1,500; co-sponsor $750
- Morning coffee breaks: sponsor $600 each; co-sponsor $300
- Afternoon coffee breaks: sponsor $600 each; co-sponsor $300
- Advisory Council luncheon: sponsor $1,000; co-sponsor $500
- JER Editorial Board luncheon: sponsor $1,000; co-sponsor $500
- Graduate student luncheon seminars: sponsor $1,000; co-sponsor $500
- Graduate Student Meet-n-Greet: sponsor $1,000, co-sponsor $500
We offer three general sponsorship levels:
~ Level 1 Sponsor: For a contribution of at least $1,000, your institution will be recognized as a sponsor in the conference program and also receive a half-page ad.
~ Level 2 Sponsor: For a contribution of at least $2,000, your institution will receive recognition in the program along with a full-page ad, and two tickets to the Saturday awards reception (where sponsors will be recognized)
~ Level 3 Sponsor: For a contribution of at least $3,000 your institution will receive Level 2 benefits as well as a complimentary table in the Exhibit Hall.
If you are interested in sponsoring or co-sponsoring an event at the conference, please contact Robyn Davis (email@example.com) directly to discuss possibilities.
SHEAR’s conference program will be available not only as a printed program but also in electronic format at our website. This means that in addition to SHEAR’s membership and conference attendees, the program (and your advertisement) will be accessible to thousands of historians, students, and others interested in the early American republic. An estimated 1,500 SHEAR members and contacts will be invited to access the electronic program, and the 500 conference attendees will receive a printed copy at the meeting. Additionally, a PDF of the program will be available permanently on the SHEAR website archives.
A half-page ad is $180 and measures 4½”w x 4”h. Full-page ads are $300 and measure 4½”w x 7½”h. Print copies will be black and white. Digital copies will be full color.
Reservations may be made any time with the national conference coordinator or through our online pay portal at http://www.shear.org/annual-meeting/. Please note: each file must be submitted as a 300 dpi, high resolution, image and font embedded, JPG. Please send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertisements must be received by 1 June 2022.
SHEAR provides exhibit tables for presses and other organizations, and also sponsors its own collective exhibit where it displays titles for presses that do not wish to reserve a table. An exhibit table (6’x30” skirted table, two chairs) is $350. Display on the collective table is $30 per title for the first three titles and $10 for each additional title.
Collective Table – Choose the Number of Books
- Exhibit set up is Thursday from 3:00 pm on.
- Hall hours: Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Saturday, 8:30 to 5:00; Sunday, 8:30 to 11:00 am.
- Exhibit breakdown is Sunday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.